The Tides of Time, issue 1, was published in January 1990. It was cover dated Hilary Term 1990. It was edited by Louise Dennis. Its cover price was 70p.
In May 2014, to mark the society’s twenty-fifth anniversary, I rescanned and uploaded the entire first issue.
Download issue 1 as a PDF here.
Earlier versions of this post included links to first two, later three and eventually four articles as PDFs. These links are retained below.
In every case I was working with scans from a photocopy which is over twenty years old. This is reflected in the quality of the images, and though there has been some minimal editing, grey tones and the occasional paper discolouration still appear.
- Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Editorial by Louise Dennis
- From Skonnos to Perivale. A personal retrospective of 1980s Doctor Who by Matthew Kilburn
- The King, part one. Seventh Doctor and Ace fiction by Louise Dennis
- “An Anomaly Within an Impossibility.” The Doctor Who Society 1989. A look back at the first year of the Doctor Who Society in Oxford, by Jonathan Bryden
- Dalek. Illustration by Louise Dennis
- The Doctor Who Society Christmas Dinner 1989. A thinly-disguised space filler by Louise Dennis
Cover illustration by Louise Dennis
Format: A4 folded to A5, cover pages on light green paper, photocopied, 20pp.
You must be logged in to post a comment.