Issue 39 of The Tides of Time has now been published and is free to download from this page. Thanks to all the members and friends of the Oxford Doctor Who Society who have contributed or helped in in other ways.
It was initially published here as a PDF only, but a print run was subsequently prepared.
If you want to download items one by one they’ve also been uploaded separately.
Front and back matter
- Front cover with illustration by Sam Sheppard, after Vesalius
- Editorial – Sadness of a Sontaran? by Matthew Kilburn
- Back Cover
- Eclosure of the Cybermen Insect parallels by Matthew Kilburn
- The End of the Universe Cosmic apocalypse in Doctor Who and its consequences by William Shaw
- Maximizing Smiliness Machine learning in Smile by Louise Dennis
- Nostalgia: 1997 The Eight Doctors discovered by James Ashworth
- Ood for Thought by Tom Marshall
- The Problem of Ashildr/Me by James Baillie
- From the Roof of the World to the Great Capital. Marco Polo, over fifty years later, part two by Katrin Thier
- St Luke’s, St Luke, and the Doctor How long has the Doctor been at St Luke’s University, and why is this university appropriate? by Matthew Kilburn
- Women’s Work Women and acafandom on the margins, by Melissa Beattie
- Xenobiology 1: Time Lords by James Ashworth
- Xenobiology 2: Adipose by James Ashworth
- Xenobiology 3: Ood by James Ashworth
- Xenobiology: Further Reading by James Ashworth
The text of one article was revised on 6 June 2017 and the contents page changed accordingly after the author pointed out problems with a title. They were right. An editor must be an autocrat, but a considerate one…