Tides of Time, issue 32, was published in May 2006. Its cover date was Trinity Term 2006. It was edited by Adam Povey.
This issue is available for download as a PDF.
- A Time for Cliches. Editorial by Adam Povey
- Make Me Smile. Autobiographical look back at the Doctor Who of 1973 and 1974 by Matthew Kilburn
- Script Crises, Monsters, and Incoherent Crap. Terrance Dicks’s talk to the society, summarized by Adam Povey
- An Everyday Story of Time-Travelling Folk. The mundane in Doctor Who, by Daniel Saunders
- Made in Cardiff. Review of the Cardiff exhibition by Adam Povey with photographs by Rebecca Logan
- Inside the TARDIS. James Chapman’s talk to the Oxford University Historical Society, reported by Matthew Kilburn
- The Gods Do Weep. Eighth Doctor fiction by Alex M. Cameron
Cover illustrations by Rebecca Logan
Format: A4 folded to A5, photocopied, 36pp
[…] leave a comment » Tides of Time issue 32 is now available to download, thanks again to the generosity of current Tides editor Adam Povey. This was the first issue Adam edited after I handed the magazine over. Some excellent content, including an extremely good story by Alex Cameron about the eighth Doctor’s visit to Louisiana in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, and a look at the temporary Doctor Who exhibition in Cardiff in 2006, with photographs of various props and costumes from episodes seen in 2005. Plus the thoughts and opinions of Terrance Dicks! More details on the contents page. […]
[…] This is an archive piece which I originally wrote for The Tides of Time, issue 32, in 2006. Tides is the magazine of the Oxford (University) Doctor Who Society, with which I have an association longer than I ever anticipated. Contents and the full issue as a pdf are available here. […]