Here at last, and worth the wait… issue 38 of The Tides of Time, perfect for a little summer’s Doctor Who reading, can now be downloaded from this site. Please read on screen or print on paper in whatsoever manner you wish!
Revised file uploaded 1 March 2017. This rearranges and replaces photographs in one article at the author’s request.
This thirty-two-page issue is first published here as a PDF. Thanks to editor Daniel Alford for allowing this site to act as the main point of distribution. The cover shows an imagined visit by the twelfth Doctor to Magdalen College, Oxford.
Contents this issue:
- Editorial. Daniel Alford looks back over the past two and a half years, and forward to the future
- Marco Polo – Fifty Years On. Episode 1 – Dramatis Personae. Katrin Thier looks back at this Hartnell serial
- The Arcs in Space. John Salway reviews the story arcs of the Russell T Davies era
- Cryptic Crossword. A fiendish quiz by Alex Middleton
- Academic ‘Doctor Who Studies’ and 101 Things You Can Do With An Undergraduate Degree. Andrew O’Day looks at how Doctor Who has interacted with academia
- The Empty Children and the Doctor’s War. Why the Universe Didn’t End when the Doctor Danced. Matthew Kilburn looks at the Ninth Doctor’s visit to Britain in the Second World War.
Tides of Time will return… the editor has now regenerated into Ella Holden.