I’ve been promising something for the past few months which wasn’t actually in my power to deliver, and that was issue 37 of The Tides of Time. Editor John Salway has now provided me with the original file, which can be downloaded here, in colour. If you visited earlier today and had problems downloading, I’ve now reduced the file size to under 5Mb.
I was very pleased to be peripherally involved with this issue. It’s a good summary of the character of the Oxford Doctor Who Society at the start of the 2013/14 academic year.
Bibliographic details are as follows…
The Tides of Time, issue 37, was published in November 2013 by the Oxford Doctor Who Society. The editor was John Salway.
- Editorial by John Salway
- Crossword – Fifty Years of Villains
- Return to Earth. Review of the Wii video game, by Adam Kendrick
- The Eternity Clock. Review of the game for PC, PS3 and PSVita, by Graham Cooper
- Rusling the Isis. The second part of a look at Russell T Davies’s Oxford University media career in the 1980s, by Matthew Kilburn
- Fifty Years, Fifty Moments. The scenes which encapsulate Doctor Who‘s Doctor Who-ness, compiled and written by Graham Cooper and Sara James, with Thomas Keyton, Matthew Kilburn, and Jonathan Martindale
- Doctor Who and Philosophy. Jonathan Martindale reviews the 55th volume in the Open Court Press series ‘Pop Culture and Philosophy’, which turns its attention to Doctor Who.
- Lost in Translation? Sara James reports on the status of Doctor Who in Germany with particular regard to pronouns!
Page 39 is intentionally left blank.
The magazine’s print form is A5, lasercopied, with 40 pages.